The Assistant Farm Manager position is a full time position located at the Farm Grow-Out Operations level of the various rearing farms operated by Clear Springs Foods Inc. This person must have the demonstrated ability to supervise and lead while at the same time function as a member of the team. The person chosen for this position must be willing to work with other company farm locations as required. The successful applicant should possess exceptional communication skills, be experienced in fish husbandry and have good math, record keeping skills. Clear Springs Foods, Inc. is an employee owned company that is fully vertically integrated controlling all aspects of its food business from inception to market.
- Manage employees with integrity, fairness and awareness of overall company purpose.
- Responsible for the farm grow-out stage of fish from hatch house to food fish in a production settings.
- Train and supervise team members in the proper techniques of fish handling, grading, movement, pond inventory and sampling, fish transportation, and all other fish husbandry activities.
- Work with the farm management to schedule and monitor all activities related to the day to day activities of the labor force on the farm.
- Schedule and assign team members to ensure all the work scheduled, is completed.
- Coordinate and participate in movements of fish on and between farms, as well as to the processing plant.
- Understand feed sheets, movement records, pond histories, and become proficient with the database program.
- Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all ponds, buildings, and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Miscellaneous Duties as assigned.
- Communicate and Work as a Team Member
- Participate in some discussion about confidential/sensitive matters.
- Communicate with employees and others through written, oral and face-to-face interactions.
- Work with other team members to assure completion of work.
- Communicate with fellow employees to complete tasks and adhere to safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree with experience is preferred.
- Computer knowledge, record keeping and organizational skills are required.
- Exemplary Attendance is required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and supervisory experience.
- Ability to get along with people and work in a team effort.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and complete tasks efficiently and show success.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate in English in order to adhere to safety standards.
Typical Physical Activity
- This job involves heavy work exerting up to 75 pounds of force routinely, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to more objects.
- The worker will be required to have a range of motion as follows:
- Often requires walking or moving to accomplish tasks.
- Often requires standing for sustained periods of time.
- Often requires stooping and reaching.
- Often requires pushing using upper extremities to press against something with steady force.
- Often requires pulling or lifting using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, lift, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting is required on a regular basis.
- Repetitive Motions are required which involve substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Typical Environmental Conditions
The worker is frequently subject to inside and outside environmental conditions: Limited protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The worker can be subject to cold and wet conditions.