Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill Pork's commitment to providing the best, most wholesome pork products for our customers and consumers has been founded in industry-leading animal welfare and processing practices as well as innovation in our product and brand offerings. We are proud to partner and serve esteemed brands like Excel® fresh meats, Good Nature™ pork, Sterling Silver® premium meats, Rumba® meats and Tender Choice® pork for a multitude of commercial, retail and foodservice customers. Together as Cargill Pork, we create potential for customers and communities.
Cargill Pork has an opportunity for a Farm Manager Associate (Transportation) in Dalhart, TX. This position is responsible for managing our Live Haul Transportation processes in Dalhart.
- 40% - Develop and distribute internal transportation schedule weekly
- 20% - Schedule external trucks for wean pig and cull sow pickups from Transfer Station
- 20% - Supervise and train Live Haul Drivers, including job duties, attendance, time tracking, and scheduling relief drivers (this position may fill in as relief driver when needed)
- 10% - Communicate with dispatchers and external truck drivers
- 5% - Manage schedule changes daily
- 5% - Schedule maintenance of Live Haul trucks
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Previous experience in Live Pork Industry transportation
- Previous experience supervising crews in Live Pork Industry